The correct stihl ms 250 chain size is not the same as for other types of chainsaws. This is because the Stihl MS 250 chainsaw is a professional-grade machine, and it’s designed to be used in a variety of different situations.
Stihl ms 250 chain size
The standard chain is designed to fit all sizes of bars and have a pitch between 0.325 inches (8 mm) and 0.404 inches (10 mm). These chains are made from high-quality steel and have been designed with durability in mind. They can withstand heavy use without breaking or wearing out quickly like some other types might do after just a few uses!
The chain size for this type of machine will vary depending on what it’s being used for. If you’re planning on using your chainsaw for cutting through small branches, then you’ll want to go with a shorter bar length. If you’re going to be cutting through thicker limbs or even trees, then you’ll want something longer than 10 inches (25 cm).
Professional-grade models usually come equipped with an 18-inch (45 cm) bar length, while consumer models are typically between 12 and 14 inches (30 and 35 cm). The best way to find out which one is right for you is by trying them out yourself. Just remember that if your chainsaw doesn’t fit well into its case when folded up, then it will be harder on your back during use!
How to Find the Size of Your Stihl ms 250 Chain?
Best Stihl chainsaws come in a variety of sizes, and it’s important to get the right size for your needs before you make a purchase. The numbers on Stihl ms 250 chains represent their pitch, which is the distance between three rivets divided by two. The pitch is important because it tells you what size of Stihl ms 250 chain you need. So, if you’re looking to buy a new Stihl ms 250 chain and are not sure what size is best for your needs, this article will tell you how to determine the right size for your requirements.
Once you know the pitch of your Stihl ms 250 chain, you can then figure out how many inches long it should be. This can be done by dividing the number of links in half and multiplying by two. For example, if there are six links in a chain, then that means that your Stihl ms 250 chain should be 12 inches long. If you’re buying a new Stihl ms 250 chain and aren’t sure what size to get, there are several things that will help determine which one is best for your needs.
For the most part, Stihl chains are designed to fit only Stihl saws. But not all chains are created equal, and there are some exceptions. If the Stihl saw you want to buy has a chain that is made with a different number of drive links than your current chain, it will not fit your saw. The only way to know for sure is to measure the pitch, gauge and number of drive links on your existing chain and then compare it to the specifications listed in the guide below.
The first step in finding the correct replacement chain for your Stihl ms 250 chainsaw is determining the size of the bar. This is usually located on a sticker on the top of the bar, but if you can’t find it, there’s an easy way to measure it yourself.
Start by placing the saw on a flat surface with the pull handle facing away from you. Slide a ruler into the space between the bar and the drive motor, then read and record the measurement. This will be marked in inches or centimeters, depending on where you live. Now that you have this measurement, it’s time to determine what gauge size you need.
The most common gauge is a 0.050-inch (1.3mm) chain, but some saws use a 0.058-inch (1.5mm) or even a 0.063-inch (1.6mm) chain instead. If your Stihl ms 250 saw uses one of these sizes, it should be marked on your saw’s data plate, which is usually located under the fuel tank or on one of its sides near the starter handle. The easiest way to get replacement parts for your Stihl ms 250 chainsaw is to go online and visit Stihl.com.
What Chain Does The Stihl MS 250 Chainsaw Take
The proper chain for your Stihl MS 250 chainsaw is either a 16” or an 18” chain, depending on the size of your bar. If you have a 16” bar, you will want to use a 16” chain. If you have an 18” bar, you will want to use an 18” chain. You can tell which bar length you have by looking at the bar that is currently installed on your chainsaw. There should be a marking stamped into the bar that says “16” or “18” – this is the size of the bar. The most common sizes of bars are 16” and 18”, however, some chainsaws may require other sizes like 10” or 20”. It is vital to match the size of your new saw chain with the size of your bar in order to ensure it fits properly and performs as intended.
How to choose The Best Chainsaw Chain for Stihl ms 250
Here’s what you need to know about choosing the right bar size for your MS 250 chainsaw:
- Length: This refers to how long the bar of the saw is, measured in inches (in). The longer the bar, the more cutting power it will have.
- Gauge: This refers to how thick the chain is, measured in fractions of an inch (1/8″). A thicker chain will cut through tougher materials more easily than a thinner one.
- Pitch: This refers to how far apart each link on your chain is spaced. A higher pitch means your saw will have more teeth per inch when it’s cutting through wood or other materials.
When you’re looking for a chainsaw chain, the first thing to consider is the bar length and type of your chainsaw. Bar lengths can range from 12 to 60 inches, and there are many different types of bars available. Each size will have different replacement chains that fit it. If you aren’t sure what your chainsaw’s bar length is, you can find it in the owner’s manual or by measuring the exposed bar between the tip and the point where it exits the body of the saw.
Make sure to account for any sprocket tips if you have them on your saw. Other things to consider are what type of chain drive sprocket your saw has. We offer 3/8″ and .325″ pitch chains for most of our bars, with some exceptions depending on the model of chain and bar you are using. Once you have found the right size chain for your bar, there are still many different designs available that work best for different tasks. A low-profile chain is recommended if it will be used mostly for limbing with occasional cutting through branches or trees up to 8 inches in diameter. For faster cutting and maximum performance in cutting through large trees (12 – 24 inches in diameter), a ripping chain is recommended.
When you choose a chainsaw chain for the Stihl ms 250, the first thing you need to check is the bar length. Each chainsaw model has a maximum bar length it can handle. This is because the cutting power of any chainsaw depends on its engine power and the length of its bars. The longer the bar, the more power will be required by the chainsaw to run it.
For example, if you have a small cordless saw with an engine power of 2.0hp, like the Stihl ms 250, you should use bars that are 20 inches long or less. The pitch of the chain is another important consideration when choosing one for your Stihl ms 250 chainsaw.
The pitch refers to how far apart each tooth on your chainsaw blade is from one another. It means that different models of chainsaws have different pitches for their blades. When selecting a replacement chain for your Stihl ms 250 chainsaw, make sure that it matches up perfectly with your current one in terms of pitch and gauge (the thickness). You don’t want to use a chain that’s too big or small for your saw! The last thing you’ll need to know before making a purchase is what type of drive link system your saw.
How to Put the Chain Back on My Stihl ms 250
The chain on your Stihl ms 250 is often in need of repair. The chain’s bar can become loose, and when this happens the chain may slip off. In either case, you’ll likely have to take the chain off before you can make repairs. Replacing the chain is easy once you get the hang of it.
- Place a block of wood on a table and lay the Stihl ms 250 on top of it so that the bar faces upward. Make sure there’s enough room for you to work comfortably around the saw.
- Position yourself in front of the bar so that the saw’s handle faces away from you, and grasp one end of the chain with one hand. Pull the chain forward until its first few links are hanging over the edge of the bar.
- Grab one end link of the chain with your other hand and pull downward to stretch out part of the chain on either side of it, forming a “U” shape from one end link to another (front and back).
- Insert one end link into one groove at either end of your saw’s bar.
How to Adjust the Chain on a Stihl ms 250 Chainsaw
It is important to have the chain on a Stihl ms 250 Chainsaw properly adjusted for safety when operating the saw. If the chain is too tight, it can fly off the bar and present a serious hazard to the operator and anyone else in close proximity. On the other hand, if the chain is too loose, it will not cut properly and can also come off of the bar. It is a simple procedure to adjust the chain on your Stihl chainsaw with a few common tools.
- Wear eye protection when adjusting or operating the chainsaw.
- Place the chainsaw on a flat surface in front of you with the engine running at full throttle.
- Grasp one side of the tensioning screw with an adjustable wrench and rotate it clockwise until snug. The tensioning screw adjusts both sides of the chain simultaneously (see Resources).
- Allow the saw to idle for 10 to 15 seconds and then shut it off. Turn off all power before adjusting or changing out any parts on a saw.
- Grasp one side of the tensioning screw with an adjustable wrench and rotate it clockwise approximately 1/4 turn (see Resources).
If you notice that your chain has become loose and is moving around on the guide bar, it’s time to adjust the saw’s tension. Follow these easy steps to tighten your chain.
- Turn off the saw and remove the spark plug wire.
- Put a scrench in the hole on top of the guide bar, or use a wrench to loosen the bar nuts until they’re loose enough for the chain to move freely.
- Hold onto the blade with one hand and pull the chain away from the bar with your other hand so it moves more loosely on its rail; release and allow it to return to its normal position.
- Tighten each of the bar nuts by hand until they’re snug but not so tight that you can’t turn them any further.
- Turn on the saw and allow it to idle for a few seconds, then turn it off again, as this will help tighten up any remaining slack in the chain. This also allows you to check whether there’s still adequate slack between your blade and guide bar before tightening further.
- Use a scrench or wrench to tighten each of the nuts just barely beyond finger-tightness until they’re snug against one another.
How to Read Depth & Pitch Gauges for a Stihl ms 250
Understanding the pitch and gauge of your Stihl MS 250 chain is very important in selecting a new one. If you buy a chain that has the wrong pitch or gauge, it will not fit your saw. The pitch is the distance between three consecutive rivets divided by two. When expressed in inches, this is also the distance between any rivet and the third rivet ahead of it. The gauge is the thickness of the drive link where it fits into the guide bar groove.
To determine the correct pitch and gauge for your Stihl MS 250, follow these steps:
- Remove the chain from your saw by first loosening the chain tensioning screw with a flathead screwdriver.
- Next, pull out the chain brake handle to disengage it from the clutch drum and allow you to remove the old chain without damaging it.
- After removing the old chain, examine each drive link to find its gauge (the thickness of its side plate) and identify which rivets are closest together among three consecutive rivets — this will show you its pitch (the distance between any rivet and the third rivet ahead of it).
- Use these measurements to find a replacement for your Stihl MS 250 that matches exactly or that falls within a range.
When it comes to choosing the right chain for your Stihl ms 250, you’ll want to make sure you have the right depth and pitch gauges. The top of each of these gauges is critical in determining whether or not the chain will fit your saw. You’ll also need to know how they work so you can know when to sharpen the chain (or replace it if necessary). Different Types of Gauges There are two types of depth gauges: round and flat.
Round gauges are useful for getting an idea about how much clearance there is between the cutting surface and the bar. Flat gauges are more accurate, but may require a bit more effort when reading them because they’re less likely to slide off the bar. To use these gauges properly, make sure that they’re lined up parallel to one another on either side of a saw blade. The gauge should be placed on top of the blade with its tip touching down at about halfway through its length. In this position, both sides should be evenly spaced apart from one another (just like when you’re measuring a circle). If not, adjust until they are! The pitch gauge will tell you what size chain fits your specific Stihl MS250 saw.
The MS250 is a great entry-level machine. It is made of quality components and will be able to handle what an average user puts it through. But one of the main factors in deciding which chain to use is knowing the size of your bar. If you have an 18in bar, you need to purchase a 184 chain and if you have a 20in bar, get yourself a 200 chain. The same applies for replacing your chains or changing them to a different size.