Chainsaws have become more and more common each day. In fact, there are more chainsaws than ever before! However, with so many on the market buying one can be tough. That’s why we’ve put together this list of the best chainsaws you should not miss in 2022. Hey — it’s never too early to think about making sure your next holiday isn’t cut short by a tree falling on your property!
Top 10 Best Chainsaws In The Year 2022
- Mini Chainsaw 6-Inch with 2 Battery
- BLACK+DECKER Electric Chainsaw, 18-Inch
- WORX WG305.1 8 Amp 14″ Electric Chainsaw
- WORX WG303.1 14.5 Amp 16″ Electric Chainsaw
- Worx WG323 20V Power Share 10″ Cordless Pole
- BLACK+DECKER 40V Max Cordless Chainsaw, 12-Inch
- Gocheer Mini Chainsaw 6 Inch, Electric Cordless Chainsaw
- WORX WG320 20V Power Share JawSaw Cordless Chainsaw
- Oregon CS1500 18-inch 15 Amp Self-Sharpening Corded Electric Chainsaw
- Sun Joe SWJ599E 14-inch 9-Amp Tree Limb Master Electric Handheld Chainsaw
What to Look for in a good Chainsaw?
First of all, you will want to make sure that the chainsaw has an electric starter. This is important because without an electric starter, you will have difficulty starting the chainsaw and it will be difficult to keep it running. Once you do get it started, however, it should be fairly easy to keep it running.
Another thing that you should look for when purchasing a chainsaw is how well it cuts wood. You don’t want to purchase a chainsaw that is going to cut poorly and leave splinters in your woodworking projects or damage your trees.
Another thing that you should consider when purchasing a good chainsaw is how long it takes for the chain to heat up after being re-used. If there are oil leaks on the blade then this could cause problems with overheating and possible damage for your machine.
How to choose the best chainsaw for yourself?
1. Engine horsepower – The engine horsepower determines how fast your chainsaw will cut through a tree or a log. You can measure engine horsepower by multiplying the number of revolutions per minute (rpm) by 5,760. So, if you have a 9-inch bar on your saw, it will cut through a log at 5,760 rpm. A higher number of revolutions per minute means faster cutting speed.
2. Cutting capacity – Chainsaws come with different cutting capacities depending on their size and type. You should consider this feature when buying a chainsaw so that you can choose the right model for yourself based on your needs
3. Noise level – Chainsaws are noisy machines but there are options available in today’s market that reduce noise levels significantly.
4. Weight – especially when they’re powerful tools with carbide-tipped blades and high-end features like electric start and automatic oiling systems. Pay attention to the weight of the saw before buying it because it’ll help determine how much weight your arms and shoulders can handle. If you want a lighter saw, look for one with less horsepower or an electric start feature that allows you to start it with just one pull of the cord.
5. Length – Another important factor when choosing a chainsaw is its length (or “reach”). This is measured in inches from the tip of the blade to where it connects to its handle (usually around 12 inches). A longer reach will give you more room to maneuver around trees and branches — especially when using larger diameter logs — which can make cutting easier.
Which is the best Chainsaw Brand?
There are plenty of chainsaws to choose from, but how do you know which is the best brand? In order to help you make an informed decision, I’ve put together this list of some of the best-known brands and their most popular products.
Stihl has been around for more than 100 years and has a great reputation for quality. They’re one of the most trusted brands in the industry. Their saws are well built, powerful, and easy to maintain.
Makita is another well-known brand that makes great products. They have a wide range of saws that can handle any job you throw at them. They also have some great accessories like grinders and generators that make your job easier than ever before.
DeWalt has been making power tools for over 80 years now! They make some great saws that are powerful enough to cut through any wood with ease. Their batteries are long lasting as well which makes them perfect for contractors or homeowners who need something reliable around their home or business location.
Chainsaw Faqs: What you should know before buying?
How do you use a chainsaw safely?
Chainsaws are a powerful tool, but they are also very dangerous. Because of this, it is vital that you follow some simple safety rules when using a chainsaw.
The first rule is to always wear eye protection, especially when cutting wood. Wood dust can be harmful to the eyes, so wearing glasses or goggles is recommended.
A second important safety tip is to ensure that the area where you are working is clear of debris and other obstacles such as tree trunks, branches and logs. If there’s anything on the ground, make sure that it’s out of the way before starting work with your chainsaw.
You should also make sure that your chainsaw has plenty of fuel in its tank before using it so that it doesn’t run out while in use and cause any accidents or injuries as a result.
How do you sharpen a chainsaw?
There are several ways to sharpen a chainsaw, but the most common method is by filing down the teeth of the chain with a file. The most effective way to do this is to use a file that has been designed for this purpose and then keep it sharpened regularly. Another method that is sometimes used is to use an electric grinder, which can be bought from any hardware store or online retailer. This works well for small jobs and does not take up too much space in your workshop.
The best thing about using an electric grinder is that it does not need much space, so it can be kept in your workshop without taking up too much room. One problem with this type of grinder is that it can be quite expensive, so if you only need something small then you may want to consider buying one online instead of getting one from your local store.
How do you start a chainsaw?
You can start a chainsaw with a pull cord, push-pull start, or kick start.
Pull Cord Start: The easiest way to start your chainsaw is by pulling the pull cord. You can do this by holding onto the handle and pulling on the cord. This will raise the chain from its position in the bar and allow it to engage into the bar. Once you’re ready to cut wood, release your hold on the handle and let the chain fall back into its original position.
Push-Pull Start: Another option for starting your chainsaw is with a push-pull starter. This allows you to push down on a button on top of your chainsaw and pull up on a lever that releases the chain from its bar.
Kick Start: Finally, there is also a kick starter available for both gas and electric saws. This allows you to kick down on top of your saw while holding onto it with one hand and pushing down on an accelerator pedal with your other hand.
How to clean a chainsaw?
Chainsaw is a valuable tool to have around the house, but it can also be a pain to clean. The best way to clean your chainsaw is by using a chain oiler. This will prevent the buildup of sawdust and other debris that can clog up your blade and make it less effective.
You can use any type of oil to lubricate your chain, but we recommend using a mix of motor oil and chain oil. Motor oil can be purchased at any auto parts store and will not harm the engine in any way. If you do not have access to motor oil, then one other option would be to purchase a small bottle of WD-40 or some other penetrating oil that contains no anti-freeze additives (which could harm your engine).
Once you have cleaned out all of the sawdust from your chain, apply this mixture liberally along with a rag or paper towel so that everything gets covered evenly. Allow this mixture to sit for about 10 minutes before wiping it off with another rag or paper towel so that everything gets wiped away evenly without leaving behind any grease marks on the surface of your saw’s teeth.